- This Type M-65 jacket with patches is faithfully reproduced by "Buzz Rickson's", based on vintage jackets. The 1st Special Operations Squadron was established in June 1963 under Pacific Servitude. The following month, the squadron was deployed to Bien Hoa Air Force Base in South Vietnam. After flying in and out of Vietnam, the squadron moved to Nakhon Phanam Royal Thai Navy Base in Thailand in 1968, where it flew Douglas A-1 Skyraider aircraft in combat search-and-rescue missions for downed pilots. Combat search and rescue is a very dangerous mission in which the aircraft is exposed to enemy threats until a rescue helicopter arrives, The call sign "Sandy" became synonymous with the A-1. The A-1, which dared to jump into the line of fire to rescue the victims at its own peril, was an extremely reassuring presence for pilots during the Vietnam War. The patch customization is in line with regulations for the Air Force of this era, but the patches are all theater-made, made locally. Compared to the regular patches, these patches were handmade by patch stores around the base, so the embroidery is unique and distinctive. The 1st SOS patch shines on the left chest, and the patch on the left sleeve expresses the tremendous offensive power of the A-1H Skyraider. The original of this jacket is a special M-65, which was embroidered in Vietnam to commemorate his participation in the war before returning to his home country of the United States.
- Material: Heavy Cotton Back Satin
- Lining: Warp-Cotton / Weft-Nylon
- Front Fastener: Crown Aluminum Spring Automatic Lock
- Snap Button: Mil Spec Brass
- Label: BUZZ RICKSON MFG.CO.INC.
- Made in Japan
- Model Wearing Size: S (Height 170cm / Weight 52kg)
- Related Product:
We find that as Buzz Rickson’s is made to an original spec, the brand is small compared to modern fits; therefore we advise customers to try at least a size larger than their standard size. We recommend that you contact our stores so our helpful retail teams can offer advice and give exact sizing information before you purchase.