We find that as Buzz Rickson’s is made to an original spec, the brand is small compared to modern fits; therefore we advise customers to try at least a size larger than their standard size. We recommend that you contact our stores so our helpful retail teams can offer advice and give exact sizing information before you purchase.
- The U.S. Army Air Corps was testing various materials to solve the problems of the A-2 summer flight jacket (expensive, difficult to mass-produce, etc.). Then, the Type L-2, a flight jacket for the light zone (temperature range: 10°C to 30°C), was completed on May 21, 1945, by using nylon developed by DuPont in 1939. This new material and the design with the collar removed became the basic model that would greatly change subsequent flight jackets. The Type L-2 had leather box tabs to secure the oxygen mask hose, and a double weaved fabric of smooth nylon and moderately warm wool was adopted for its lining. Only three contracts were made entirely for the delivery of the L-2, and the original of this L-2 was jackets that "REED PRODUCTS, INC" supplied in its first period.
- Material: 3/1 Heavy Nylon Twill (100% Nylon)
- Lining: Nylon/Wool Double Face (50% Nylon / 50% Wool)
- Knit: 100％ Wool
- Front Fastener: Crown Aluminum Spring Automatic Lock
- Snap Button: Mil Specs. Brass
- Label: REED PRODUCTS, INC.
- Made in Japan
This jacket is a faithful reproduction of the vintage jacket, so please handle the parts with care. In particular, the zipper may be damaged if it is forcibly raised or lowered. When pulling up the zipper, be sure to pull up the metal part of the zipper slowly and carefully. Please do not pull the leather string forcibly.