We find that as Buzz Rickson’s is made to an original spec, the brand is small compared to modern fits; therefore we advise customers to try at least a size larger than their standard size. We recommend that you contact our stores so our helpful retail teams can offer advice and give exact sizing information before you purchase.
- High-density and tightly woven grosgrain called "jungle cloth" protected the deck crew exposed to the cold wind on the sea by shielding their bodies from the cold. The first model of the deck jacket had a fastener closure in the front. As the salt of the seawater made the fastener prone to rusting, the closure was changed to a hook type in later models. In addition, the opening and closing hooks of this jacket are made of brass plate punched out by a press-type machine and riveted, which is very rare.
- Material: Jungle Cloth (100% Cotton)
- Lining: 26oz Wool Blanket (90% Wool / 10% Nylon)
- Rib: 100％ Wool
- Front Closure: Metal hook Rustproof
- Label: NAVY DEPARTMENT / BUZZ RICKSON MFG. CO.
- Made in Japan