The Superga Artifact collection takes its name from the Italian word “Artefatto” and pays homage to more than 100 years of expertise in making shoes. Being one of the brand’s highest ranges, it has been designed with classic piece-of-art attention to detail, for the man of today who is keen on basic, utilitarian-style yet refined garment.
The purpose of the archive-inspired concept is to display the whole range as a design object and, therefore, a work of art itself. The idea is freeing the product from every kind of embellishment and show it in all its cleanliness.
- Upper in Japanese Canvas #8000.
- The calander sole of these shoes is a 2020 reinterpretation of the sole used by Superga for its industrial workwear boots in the ‘50s.
- The classic Superga bumper features a unique detail: it is turned 45° compared to the usual. This gives it a diamond appearance.
- Form follows function. Pressing the foxing with a fudge wheel while glueing it to the upper guarantees an excellent adherence.
- The shoelaces are made in cotton with a waxed effect. This processing technique contributes to adding extra grip and durability.
- The heel patch logo has been designed to echo the one of Superga tennis shoes from the ‘50s, paying homage to the brand origins.